A slackline gear manufacturer, engineer, technician and/or working in other related fields interested in advanced slackline safety, a rescue specialists, a advanced rope worker or other related ropes or/and working at heights field. You are thinking of selling slackline gear and services?
This is the meeting for you!
What will the meeting offer?
The meeting will offer three days of in depth exchange between slackline manufacturers and other people interested in slackline safety and risk minimisation.
We will have two days of presentations and workshops and a third day of rescue procedure training on the ultra-long highlines on top of Mount Moléson. The region of Gruyere is world famous for its cheese and fondue dishes, so don’t miss!
Some first Ideas of outputs, this furthermore strongly depends on the contributions of the participants:
- Get updates on slackline related incidents from our report system
- Exchange about ethics and collaboration in slacklining
- Brainstorm and prioritize ideas about Compatibility, functionality tests, standardized and comparable testing and consumer reports in slackline gear
- Initiate ICOP international code of practice for slackline operations
- Compare Insurances and Checklists for Risk minimisation
- Learn about the International Slackline Association and its Safety Commission, who are we and what are we doing?
- Help define how ISA and the Safety Commission should react to unsafe gear and practices, homemade gear, existing patents and copycats
- Help define the direction of the ISA Safety Commission and the role of manufacturers in it
Talks and presentations in english if possible. Translations to French and German will be provided.
We hope lots of people show up!
In the name of the organizing committee
President Safety Commission, International Slackline Association
Vize-President International Slackline Association